TradingView has emerged as a popular choice for its user-friendly interface, comprehensive charting features, and vibrant community of traders sharing their ideas and strategies. One of the most compelling features of TradingView is its ability to integrate with external services through Webhooks. Webhooks are automated messages sent by the platform to communicate with third-party applications when specific events occur. This functionality allows TradingView users to create custom alerts, receive instant notifications, and even execute trades automatically using their preferred brokers or trading bots.
Available Trading Commands
For trading webhook alerts, please below a list of available messages that Overbit can interpret from TradingView:
// Market buy order on BTCUSD for 0.01
// Market sell order on BTCUSD for 0.01
// Limit buy order on BTCUSD for 0.01 at 30,000
// Limit sell order on BTCUSD for 0.01 at 30,000
// Market close any position on BTCUSD
Connect to Overbit with Webhooks
This guide will walk you through the process of connecting your TradingView account to your Overbit account using webhooks. By following these steps, you'll be able to create custom alerts on TradingView and have them sent directly to Overbit for automatic trade execution. Let's get started!
Step 1: Log in to your Overbit account
- Log in to your Overbit account using your email and password.
Step 2: Locate your Overbit webhook URL
- In the trading platform, click on the cog icon located in the bottom right corner of the trader window.
- A window will open displaying your unique webhook URL. Keep this URL handy, as you will need it in the next steps.
- Keep this URL private and do not share with anyone as it can allow trades to be executed remotely without approval.
IMPORTANT: Your webhook URL is unique to the currency account you are using. Therefore if you have a BTC account and a USDT account, you will have two different webhook URLs.
Step 3: Go to your TradingView account to setup an alert
- Visit https://www.tradingview.com/ and log in to your TradingView account.
- In TradingView, navigate to the chart of the asset you want to trade.
- Click on the Add Alert icon on the chart.
Step 4: Configure your alert
- Identify the conditions under which you want to create an alert (e.g., when a specific price level is reached or a technical indicator signals a potential trade).
- In the "Create Alert" window, customize the alert settings according to your trading strategy, including the condition, frequency, and expiration date.
- In this example, we want to be alerted when BTCUSD price crosses 29,200. We would then place a limit sell order at 29,250.
Step 5: Configure the webhook in TradingView
- In the same "Create Alert" window, scroll down to the "Alert name" section and give your alert a name so you can refer to it.
- In the "Message" box, you will need to enter the message that will be sent to Overbit. In this example we will send the following message:
// Limit sell order on BTCUSD for 0.01 at 29250
Note - the first line is a comment and is not necessary for the message to work but it's good practice to leave it there so you can understand what's happening.
- Now switch over to the "Notifications" tab in the same window.
- Check the box next to "Webhook URL" to enable webhook alerts.
- Paste your Overbit webhook URL (from Step 2) into the text box provided.
- Check over your settings and click the "Create" button when ready.
Step 6: Wait for your alert to trigger
- Once the alert is created, you can test the webhook by triggering the alert manually or waiting for the specified conditions to be met.
- If the webhook is configured correctly, your trade will be executed automatically on Overbit, according to the parameters specified in your alert message.
By following these steps, you have successfully connected TradingView to Overbit using webhooks.